WHY ONLINE FORMAT?
Convenience & Flexibility
With the online format, you can access the training from the comfort, convenience and the privacy of your home or office.
Participants also have absolute freedom and flexibility with scheduling. You are fully in charge of your study time.
The online format eliminates the need for travel, venue rental, event planning expenses, and other overhead costs.
Why would you hustle your way to class, or rent a venue, when you can simply sit in front of your home or office computer and enjoy the training sessions?
The only prerequisite required for taking this Level 2 ABA Online Training for the Advanced Autism Certificate program is that you must have a current and valid Autism Certificate issued by IBCCES. You can also purchase a bundle and get the Autism Certificate along with the Advanced Autism Certificate training.
TESTS & CERTIFICATION
Tests are administered in the form of multiple choices. Students must demonstrate mastery by passing a post-test with a score of 80% or higher before they can move onto the next module. Every test is graded automatically through the training system. Your results are displayed immediately.
Upon completion of all sessions, you will need to take a final exam. Upon completion of the final exam with a score of 80%, you will receive a digital Proof of Completion that you can print out as needed.
The content of the course was developed under the guidance of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and other professionals with clinical ABA experience so you can be guaranteed that you are learning from highly trained and experienced experts with extensive practical knowledge and experience.
The training is designed to support successful ABA programming in the home, center, school or community environments. During the course, you will be able to implement what you learn immediately to see how the training is making you stronger in your ABA practices.
- To understand the basics of Autism and the use of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- To understand methods of teaching supported by research in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- To understand the concept of pairing and to be able to independently determine how to best use this in practice.
- To understand the concepts of prompting, selection of prompt hierarchy, and prompt fading.
- To be able to use methods to increase Active Student Responding in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- To be able to identify common teaching methodologies, their strengths and weaknesses, and be able to choose the appropriate methodology to use.
- To be able to assess behavioral issues.
- To understand the role and importance of identifying functions of behaviors in addressing behavioral issues.
- To gain a high level understanding of the different ways to increase classroom participation skills.
COURSE MODULES FOR AAC
Beginner/Intermediate ABA Program
- Introduction to Autism and ABA
- Introduction to Skill Repertoire Building: Identifying What to Teach and How to Teach it
- The Discrete Trial
- Skill Repertoire Building Procedures
- Behavior Management: Assessment & Interventions
- Skill Repertoire Building Data Collection
- Behavior Management Data Collection
- Graphing Behavior Change
- Generalized Behavior Change
- Ethical Guidelines for Therapists Implementing ABA Treatment
- Understanding the Therapist’s Role in the ABA Treatment Process
- Mand Training- Teaching Basic Requesting Skills
- Prevention of Crisis Behavior – Steps to Take Prior to an Emergency
The online training program is extremely easy to use. However, if there are any questions you will be assigned an implementation specialist who will be able to walk you through the process.
Upon completion of each session, students are required to complete a multiple choice test that is graded. The test results are available immediately.
The post-test is graded based on the standard ABA mastery criteria of 80% and above. Students will NOT be able to move to the next session until they have passed the post-test.
If a student does not pass the post-test, he or she can review the information and retake the exam as many times as is required to achieve mastery.
Course Duration & Pacing:
Each student is given a maximum of 8 weeks to complete the course.
Students are able to take the course at their own pace as long as they complete the entire program within the 8-week period.
In the event that the student does not complete the course within the stipulated 8-week period, he or she may request for an extension for an additional fee.
At the end of the training program, students are required to complete a comprehensive Certification Exam. Mastery of the certification exam will demonstrate the student’s retention of the information contained in the online course and well as asses their working knowledge of the field of ABA.
The final assessment test covers all topics addressed in each learning module.
The test is graded based on the standard 80-100% mastery criteria and results are automatically displayed to students after submission of answers.
To attain the pass grade, students are strongly encouraged to treat this like an in-class exam.
In the event of failure to pass the final mastery test, the student is allowed to retake the test multiple times until he or she demonstrates mastery.
Successful completion of the course is a mandatory requirement for students to obtain their proof of completion.
CONTACT & SUPPORT
If you have any questions or require technical support, please contact IBCCES. A representative will respond as quickly as possible to assist you.